Over the years, dental implants have become very popular because they are the most effective treatment to replace the lost teeth a person may have. One of the reasons they have gained popularity is because they are designed to blend in with other teeth. Many people consider dental implants Tijuana an ideal treatment to obtain restored teeth as well as a beautiful smile.
What Are Dental Implants Tijuana?
A dental implant is basically an artificial tooth that is placed just where the root of the original tooth would go, and its purpose is to restore the appearance of the smile. Therefore, when an individual presents tooth loss, periodontal problems, or other diseases, the person may opt for the use of dental implants Tijuana. Thanks to the fact that these implants are made with quality and resistant materials, they can be placed to replace more than one tooth.
Dental implants Tijuana are composed of different elements, which are the implant, abutment, and crown. The combination of these elements will allow the piece to have an appearance very similar to the natural tooth since it is functional and stable. Therefore, the person will be able to eat, talk, and smile without any problem.
Dental Implants Tijuana Procedure
- As in every method, before dental implants Tijuana treatment is performed, it is necessary to have an evaluation of the health status of the oral cavity. At this point, the dentist will request certain medical studies so that the patient’s coagulation can be analyzed, as well as x-rays, to determine the bone tropism.
- Once the results are obtained, the dentist will go on to the physical examination, where he will analyze every part of the mouth to determine whether any dental problems were not detected in the medical studies.
- The teeth will be analyzed in detail to determine which ones present the most significant problem or which ones, in the future, would cause damage to the dental implants Tijuana.
- After the analysis of the teeth, the soft tissue will have to be examined so that the dentist can check the amount and health of the gums. Mainly because if there are conditions in this area, they must be treated first before proceeding with dental implants Tijuana.
- After examining the oral cavity, the dentist will select the ideal implant for the type of oral structure the patient has.
- First, the patient undergoes a surgery where the surgeon places the implant into the jawbone.
- The bone around the implant is allowed to heal in a process known as osseointegration (combines with the bone). In some cases, some patients can have implants and replacement teeth at the same time, while others have to wait for several months before the artificial tooth can be attached to the implant.
- The final step involves the placement of the artificial tooth/teeth.
Types of Dental Implants Tijuana
There are two types of implants, which are:
Endosteal Implant: This type of dental implants are one of the most used by dentists, and thanks to the shape of the screw, it is possible to implant it in the jaw more easily. This type of implant allows them to be placed to restore more than one tooth. They are recommended for those patients who have the width and depth of the jawbone
Subperiosteal Implant: Unlike the other type of dental implants, this one is indicated for those patients who do not have the width indicated for an endosteal implant. The subperiosteal implant is placed in the upper part of the bone, just below the gums, and can be performed individually or in combination.
Care for Dental Implants Tijuana
So that dental implants can have a long life, the patient must follow a maintenance program where specific care must be taken so that the artificial pieces are not quickly damaged.
To improve the condition of dental implants, the patient must visit the dental office periodically. So that the dentist can evaluate the state of the treated area, as well as eliminate the bacterial plaque that accumulates on the implant. Special cleaning is necessary so the dental stones can be removed, and to obtain a better subgingival cleaning.
Proper Hygiene From Home
Just as regular visits to the dentist are essential, so is cleaning at home. Since dental implants are an artificial structure, the patient must carry out a particular cleaning routine for these cases. Therefore, the person who has implants must use special brushes that are designed to clean the crown area, as well as the use of interproximal brushes.
Mouthwash is necessary, so the patient should follow the specifications provided by the dentist. With the use of this product, the microorganisms that are deposited in the mouth can be eliminated.
What Should Be Consider When Placing Dental Implants Tijuana?
It’s important to note that good health is required for the treatment. That is why it’s highly advisable to be medically evaluated before the implant surgery to avoid further complications. Diabetes, leukemia, and other chronic illnesses can interfere with the healing process after surgery, and in that case, having the implants is not recommended.
Dental implants Tijuana not only help replace a missing tooth, but also help improve appearance, promote good oral health, increase comfort, make eating less complicated, and help improve self-esteem. They are also durable and can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.